Washington, DC is buzzing right now with Hamilton at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts – playing through September 16, 2018. As you work your way around the District, you will find a number of Hamilton-themed drinks, activities, products and hotel packages celebrating this award-winning production finally making its way to DC. For those ready to plan your DC getaway this summer to experience Hamilton, and to enjoy dining, drinking and museum-ing your way through the District, we have several of our favorite hotel packages for the season.
Hamilton is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War, and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends Hip Hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, Hamilton is the story of America then, as told by America now. With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler, and musical supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, Hamilton is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
The Hotel Packages
The Jefferson: Feud of the Founding Fathers is an immersive Jefferson v. Hamilton itinerary and culinary experience celebrating one of America’s greatest rivalries. Always a lovely hotel — the concierge is amazing and can help you with anything you might need during your stay! This experience includes:
• Summer Special: This summer only, reserve three nights for the price of two when booking through the hotel’s website.
• Rivalry Pairings: Plume Sommelier David Metz crafted unexpected wine pairings that elevate flavors in the Michelin-starred menu, symbolizing how Hamilton/Jefferson’s opposing ideas elevated the foundations of our democracy.
• Rival Cocktails: Cocktails inspired by each founding father at upscale lounge Quill: a botanical-based drink for Jefferson’s love of horticulture and a rum-based libation for Hamilton’s West Indies’ background.
• Pick Your Side Itinerary: A new self-guided DC walking tour with stops honoring each founding father added to the hotel’s Discovering American Democracy program, curated by The Jefferson’s in-house historian and former Georgetown University professor, Susan Sullivan Lagon, Ph.D.
• Saturday Talks: In-house historian Susan Sullivan Lagon, Ph.D. delves into the statesmen’s’ differences. Learn why Jefferson believed in greater state powers, while Hamilton wanted a strong central government.
• Book Room: Access to books on both Jefferson and Hamilton that guests can leisurely peruse on the plush velvet sofa.
The Fairmont Washington, DC: What’s the Buzz…. Fairmont’s Bee A Beekeeper Package is a great opportunity to experience this newly renovated masterpiece in the heart of DC. I’ve tried a lot of “rooftop honey” over the years, and this honey is amazing — especially if you plan your visit around one of the days that the hotel is offering afternoon tea! Package includes:
• Overnight accommodations for two
• BeeTinis for two (specialty cocktail made with our rooftop honey)
• Two Tickets to Mt. Vernon the former estate of President George Washington
• A welcome amenity of Honey Walnut Bread (made with our rooftop honey)
• A pack of flower seeds for attracting pollinator bees; (cosmos, zinnia, verbena, milkweed, lavender, phlox, mint, aster, black eyed susan)
• $10 donation goes to the DC Beekeepers Alliance
• Rates start from $219 based on availability. June 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
The St. Regis Washington, DC: Enjoy a getaway the whole family will love. Book now, and take advantage of our Summer in the City Package featuring the following amenities, available now for a limited time. Chef Sebastien Giannini is doing amazing things at Alhambra, so try and join him for lunch, dinner or brunch for his take on delicious Mediterranean! Package includes:
• Complimentary breakfast for two at Alhambra, the hotel’s signature Mediterranean restaurant
• Complimentary valet parking
• Overnight accommodations
• Jack the Panda Butler children’s welcome gift and summer scavenger hunt
• Late check-out (based on availability)
Four Seasons Washington, DC: The Just For You Wellness Retreat focuses on mind, body and soul. This personalized wellness retreat includes one-on-one sessions prior to arrival, during your stay and after your departure. Their in-house experts will tailor your experience to meet your unique needs, using spa experiences, aromatherapy, dining menus and much more to enhance your overall well-being and help you achieve your wellness goals. The spa here is amazing, so this is a fantastic option for finding time to relax while in DC! Package includes:
• A total of seven consultations with the Hotel’s wellness experts (nutritionist, certified life coach, executive chef, spa director)
• Four aromatherapy products customized by registered aromatherapist Sonee Singh of Petal Life
• Three customized menus guided by the Hotel’s nutritionist and served through In-Room Dining (dinner: two courses and a non-alcoholic beverage; breakfast: one course, a side dish, coffee and juice; lunch: one course and a non-alcoholic beverage)
• One customized 80-minute spa treatment
• Personalized pre-recorded welcome meditation from Life Coach Elena Sonnino
• Custom welcome amenity with personalized itinerary
• Lovetuner mindfulness tool (a single-tone flute that aligns with the 528 HZ frequency, the so-called love frequency)
• Sleep ritual turndown amenity (lavender-scented salt scrub, rejuvenating mask, diffuser for a personalized essential oil, an eye mask, tea- and lavender-flavoured cookies, and sleep tips)
• Overnight valet parking
Bonus Offerings to Celebrate Hamilton…
The Spa: Drawing from Alexander Hamilton’s birthplace in Charlestown, Nevis, The Spa has partnered with its sister resort in Nevis to celebrate Hamilton’s arrival by offering the Signature Nevisian Massage. Inspired by Nevis’ beauty and natural history, the treatment begins with a relaxing and cleansing foot ritual, where feet are bathed in warm, lemongrass-infused water followed by a detoxifying aromatic scrub crafted from famed Nevisian ingredients, including brown sugar, cinnamon and coconut. The exquisite massage features a locally infused blend of oils inspired by exotic scents and spices of the West Indies. Long, flowing strokes mimic the waves of the Caribbean Sea, easing the senses and recharging the mind and body. The 80 minute signature experience is available from June through September 2018 and is priced at USD 240 from Monday to Thursday, USD 260 from Friday to Sunday and USD 305 on holidays. As an added bonus, all patrons who book the Signature Nevisian Massage will be entered into a drawing to win a two-night stay at Four Seasons Resort Nevis for two guests. The drawing will take place on October 1, 2018.
Bourbon Steak: Theatregoers can commence their toe-tapping good times with a pre-theatre culinary experience, kicking off just in time for the Broadway hit’s highly anticipated arrival. The thoughtfully curated three-course menu by Executive Chef Drew Adams begins with a choice of pea soup with parmesan, Edwards ham and ossetra caviar or the local greens salad featuring Le Bocage greens and sherry vinaigrette. Entrée selections include a Maryland crab cake with pink peppercorn, tartar sauce and soft greens and a prime selection of an 8-ounce Cedar River filet with cream of spinach. For dessert, diners can find sweet tooth satisfaction with the cherry cheesecake mousse, a luscious blend of creamy cherry cheesecake, honey ice cream, and delicate olive oil sponge cake, garnished with a white chocolate honey tuile, macerated cherries, violets and honey powder. Designed to complement the premium pairings, the A Ting with a Sting priced at USD 17 is a potable nod to Alexander Hamilton’s birthplace. The fitting libation marries Ting (a Caribbean grapefruit soda) with rum for bright, tropical and citrusy sip, served in a mini beachwood barrel mug, and reminiscent of a Caribbean-style Moscow Mule. This pre-theatre menu is available on Saturdays for reservations made between 5:30 and 6:00 pm. The pre-theatre menu will remain available through September 16, 2018.
The Ritz-Carlton Washington, DC: Lions, Tigers and Bears… Oh My Family Package is perfect for families looking for the localized DC experience. I love this renovated hotel — both the suites, and the common areas are first-class all the way (as is the staff here). Make time to sneak away from the kids for a few minutes to visit Lead Mixologist Christopher Mendenhall and his team for an inventive cocktail at Quadrant! Package includes:
• Overnight Deluxe or One-Bedroom Suite Accommodations
• Special Ritz Kids amenities including VIK (Very Important Kid) check-in, a newsletter featuring kid’s activities, and a special lion stuffed animal at turn down
• Ritz Kids backpack filled with fun Zoo and Wizard of Oz themed activities, souvenirs and a scavenger hunt map
• Embark on a fun scavenger hunt using the provided map while visiting Smithsonian’s National Zoo’s adorable lion, tiger and giant panda bear cubs. Afterwards, continue your adventure by visiting the National Museum of American History to see Dorothy’s famous ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz
• Trio of Lion, Tiger and Panda Bear cupcakes
• Full American breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children in the hotel’s restaurant or through in-room dining. Adults can choose from a vast selection of gourmet breakfast favorites while children enjoy the hotel’s recently revamped Ritz Kids menu
• Complimentary in-house movie – have a fun-filled family movie night while enjoying the Wizard of Oz, or any movie of your choice
• Complimentary Internet
• Complimentary Rollaway(s)
• Overnight valet parking
The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown: The Tesla Driving Experience Package explores the rich history of Washington, D.C. behind the wheel of a Tesla. From afternoon excursions through the rolling countryside of Virginia dotted with lush vineyards and historical landmarks to an evening drive down Constitution Avenue filled with monuments and museums that house our national treasures, the Tesla Driving Experience offers the best of town and country. The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. invites guest to experience a truly memorable stay featuring private, exclusive use of a Tesla Model S or Tesla Model X. If you are looking for a boutique spa experience while in DC, this newly renovated spa is perfection — inquire about their new spa rooms/suites! The “Tesla Driving Experience” package starts at $595 per night and includes:
• Overnight accommodations
• Private use of a Tesla Model S or Tesla Model X
• Personalized Vehicle Demonstration by Tesla Specialist
• Tesla Welcome Amenity
• Daily Georgetown Breakfast for Two
• Complimentary Valet Parking
The Hamilton Hotel: Since their names align, it’s a no brainer for Hamilton Hotel to host a musical-long ticket raffle giveaway and celebration of all things Hamilton-themed. Hotel visitors must purchase a “My Shot” (a specialty cocktail), aptly named after the show’s hit song, using an Alexander Hamilton ($10) to enter the Hamilton ticket raffle. The hotel will raffle off 10 tickets (5 sets of 2) at random for shows on June 15 (7:30pm), June 28 (7:30pm), July 7 (1:30pm), July 14 (7:30pm) and August 4 (7:30pm).
The Hay Adams: Discover DC Family Package is the ultimate journey to uncover our nation’s capital, which begins with a Full American Breakfast before heading out to explore the city. Children receive their very own fun-filled backpack, complete with goodies, a baseball cap, and a scavenger hunt to help them discover the sites of DC. Return to relax in the comfort of your room after a full day of adventure. Reserve a 2nd room and enjoy a $100 hotel credit to use during your stay. Reserve a suite, and enjoy a $200 hotel credit. When it comes to “location, location, location,” The Hay-Adams is unmatched, and the entire team at this property makes this luxury hotel feel like your own boutique getaway during the entire visit!
The Darcy Washington, DC – Curio Collection by Hilton: The Capital Kiddos Package includes suite accommodations with an in-room, ice cream truck, play tent and seasonal handmade ice cream cookie sandwiches for up to four guests. Children 12 or under can also choose from one of the five themed Darcy Daypacks, curated for destination-driven adventures.
All DC Area Hilton Hotels – Inquire with the hotels directly: The Capital Adventure Package has over $200 in savings that is being offered at all Hilton hotels in D.C. It is full of deals that will make your summer stay in D.C. unforgettable. Guests can take advantage of the warm weather with discounted tickets to Washington Nationals and D.C. United games. Roam around D.C. on wheels with 15 percent off tours with Capital Segway. Travelers can also enjoy a winery tour and tasting for two at City Winery Washington DC, as well as 10 percent off a brewery tour with City Brew Tours. The package includes a multitude of other remarkable deals in addition to free hotel parking for the duration of your stay.