After recently introducing a new addition to its prestigious chronometer family with the Overseas collection, Vacheron Constantin is again making waves with the launch of their new Overseas World Time. With a display featuring 37 time zones, including zones offset by a half-hour or quarter-hour in compliance with UTC time, Vacheron Constantine combines functionality and precision with their sophisticated design to produce a time piece worthy of the casual world traveler. Besides, any timepiece that is designed for the savvy traveler gets our attention at LuxeGetaways.
Available in a blue, silver-toned or brown dial, all three interpretations feature three distinct parts. The first, a “Lambert” projection map depicts the continents and oceans, enhanced by a sunburst satin-brushed finish for the land mass and and velvet finish for the water and completely surrounded by a translucent lacquered disc inscribed with city names. Second, a sapphire disc overlay provides day and night indications by means of subtly graded smoky tints, synchronized with the 24-hour disc. And finally, the translucent lacquered velvet-finished outer ring that indicates hours and minutes and ties the entire unit together.
Vacheron Constantin’s Overseas World Time model not only features an intricately exquisite design but also functionality. With a 43.5mm-diameter case housing Caliber 2460 WT and self-winding movement, the Overseas world time operates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and boasts a 40-hour power reserve. The 22K gold oscillating weight bears a wind rose– a universal symbol indicating the cardinal points for travelers– adorned with sandblasted, polished and finely grained finishing. The beauty of this design is further enhanced by the smooth, easy to adjust indications fully accessible via the crown.
The comfort and flexibility of this new model even extends beyond the display to its unique easy-fit bracelet system. With an ingenious solution for interchanging both bracelets and their folding clasp, Vacheron Constantine makes it simple to switch and secure without any tools, while guaranteeing the same firm hold as a traditional fixed bracelet.
Created in a spirit of casual elegance and practical convenience, Vacheron Conastantin’s new Overseas World Time model bearing the Hallmark of Geneva is specifically designed for the style-conscious world traveler who prefers to view the entire whole world at a glance. We like the “casual elegance” of this beautiful timepiece, and if you’ve already given into the temptation and have this included in your collection of accessories, we would love to hear what you think…
Now, for those interested in all the technical aspects of the timepiece, here are the main points:
- 7700V/110A-B129 – silver-toned dial
- 7700V/110A-B172 – blue dial
- 7700V/110A-B176 – brown dial
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepieces
- 2460 WT
- Mechanical self-winding
- Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- 22K gold Overseas oscillating weight
- 36.6 mm (11’’’1⁄4) diameter, 7.55 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations/hour)
- 255 components
- 27 jewels
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds
- World time indication (37 cities)
- Day-night indication
- Stainless steel
- 43.5 mm diameter, 12.6 mm thick
- Soft iron casing ring ensuring anti-magnetic protection
- Screwed-down crown
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 15 bar (approx. 150 meters)
- 3 superimposed dials:
- Map of the northern hemisphere with sunburst satin-finished continents & velvet-finished seas.
- Translucent silver-toned/blue/brown lacquered disc with transferred city names
- Sapphire disc with transferred day/night and 24-hour indications (period between 6.30pm and 6.30am highlighted with a black background)
- Translucent silver-toned/blue/brown lacquered ring, opalin-finished, transferred minute-track
- 18K gold hours and minutes hands highlighted with white luminescent material
- Stainless steel bracelet, half Maltese cross-shaped polished and satin-brushed links
- Delivered with a second black/blue/brown Mississippiensis alligator leather strap featuring a black nubuck lining with a micro-perforated effect, hand-stitched, large square scales
- Delivered with a third strap in black/blue/brown rubber
- Stainless steel bracelet secured by a stainless steel triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces and comfort-adjustment system
- Delivered with a second stainless steel triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces and interchangeable system (patent pending) compatible with both additional straps