Always a favorite getaway in Australia and the South Pacific, Whitsundays attracts over one million visitors each year, and is growing at 3% per annum. The Elysian Retreat is one of only eight luxury oceanfront resorts that are located in the Whitsundays, and is offered for sale as a fully operational and newly upgraded boutique resort. Supported by the expansion of name-brand wellness resorts, hotels and lodges along the Australian Eastern Seaboard, the luxury sector is strong – particularly those with pure water, pure air, and pure landscape such as Elysian Retreat. This is a complete getaway!
“Our clients are always looking for value and extraordinary properties such as Elysian Retreat in Whitsundays, Australia. Jenny and I have covered Australian real estate for several years and now more than ever, Australian properties are on our radar; particularly, those properties that offer privacy and security,” said Dolly Lenz of DLRE.
This resort was operational from April 2019, following a multi-million-dollar redevelopment that included new solar energy-generated infrastructure for electricity, water and waste systems. Elysian Retreat is internationally renowned for its seclusion, exclusivity and off-the-grid barefoot luxury experience as a 100% solar-powered resort.
“Well-considered in every sense, Elysian Retreat is an earth-friendly operation and 100% off-the-grid located in a story-book oceanfront cove surrounded by national rainforests and the Great Barrier Reef. It’s a once in a generation offering that suit a range of buyer requirements from a private or corporate retreat to a luxury resort business,” said Lynn Malone of Queensland Sotheby’s.
Facilities include ten king ensuite villas with private balconies, a multipurpose Great House with lounge seating, library, restaurant dining, bar and a commercial kitchen; wet edge swimming pool surrounded by timber decks and outdoor seating; spa treatment center, staff accommodations, helipad and deep water mooring. Within the 7.98 acres of pristine land, there is land for additional water view villas, which is supported by the existing infrastructure and plant facilities. This is a beautiful off-the-grid destination opportunity with the ability for growth while maintaining the level of exclusivity and intimacy that you want.
“It is a privilege to market such an outstanding asset located in one of the world’s most beautiful and safe countries. Elysian Retreat in the Whitsunday Islands offers a priceless commodity – peace – in an unmatched 260-meter oceanfront setting with a fabulous year-round climate and tropical breezes as a gift with purchase,” added Barbara Wolveridge of Queensland Sotheby’s.
>> Highlighted Amenities & Facilities
• 7.98 acres with 260 meters Coral Sea oceanfront and surrounded by National Parkland and ancient rainforest
• Oceanfront boutique luxury resort-multi-million dollar renovation completed with the resort operational from April 2019
• Ten luxury king villas: air-conditioned, designer furnishings and vaulted ceilings and private beachfront balconies
• Guest facilities
• Great House with multiple lounge and dining areas, a licensed restaurant and bar supported by a commercial kitchen
• Spa Treatment center and Yoga areas
• Oceanfront wet edge swimming pool with surrounding timber decks
• Staff quarters: five bedrooms, two toilets, three showers, kitchen, dining and lounge rooms; with space for expansion
• Laundry and Storage facilities
• Helipad and seabed mooring to accommodate a 22-ton vessel
• 100% ‘Off the Grid’ with new infrastructure: solar farm for electricity, water farm for all water – 400,000-liter capacity and in-ground water for irrigation and pool, and Bio-Cycle waste system and back up generator to sustain all operations
• Assorted machinery and water activities equipment
>> Getting There
• 6 minutes by helicopter from Great Barrier Reef Airport, Hamilton Island
• 15 minutes by helicopter from Whitsunday Coast Airport, Proserpine
• Direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Hamilton Island, followed by 25 minutes by boat