The historic yet luxurious Art Deco resort, ideally located on the corner of the two most-coveted avenues in South Beach, Collins and Lincoln, closed for nearly two years in order to complete a $90 Million renovation. Now officially reopened, The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach offers a safe, curated, first-class travel experience, even more so in these unprecedented times when safety is the most important element of the travel experience.
The landmark hotel was originally imagined by architect Morris Lapidus, and following its floor-to-ceiling restoration, it has set itself to deliver a rare and refined experience marked by a timeless elegant new design. Star designer Meg Sharpe oversaw the lobby, the Lapidus Bar, Mar y Fuego restaurant, the swanky pool as well as the signature spa; while Cristian Rubio, from renowned design firm HBA, reimagined the guestrooms and meeting spaces.
As a result: the “new” Ritz-Carlton, South Beach decor inspiration comes from the gorgeous natural surroundings, while the interiors are warm and inviting, reflecting the serene natural beauty of Miami while celebrating the historic roots of the hotel.
While major changes can sometimes be overwhelming, but in this particular case, the Ritz-Carlton South Beach – a pillar in South Beach luxury properties – played their card rights. While the historic aspect of a hotel is important, when it comes to luxury brands, it is even more important to keep the quality and standards high, time after time.
With every micro detail in review, again and again, The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach ensures that employees and guests enjoy their first-class experience while remaining safe during their visit to this hotel that does everything right.
5 Reasons to Love The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
1. The Spectacular Lobby: As soon as you enter The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, you will discover the stunning new lobby that is a celebration of the original design, enhanced by elegant touches in an open-air space that transitions the property into a new era. As we all know, the lobby is the first space guests see and experience, and it sets the tone for the rest of the hotel stay.
2. The Sexy Lobby Bar: The all-new Lapidus Bar is a classic cocktail lounge honoring the Golden era of Miami with live music, vintage cocktails, and a design that invites visitors to settle-in and absorb the magnificent surroundings. The decor is sexy and expansive as you will want to sit at one of the comfortable sofas and order cocktails, pretending you are the new star character of Mad Men.
3. The Swanky Pool & Beach Area: Soak up the sun at the elevated swanky pool overlooking the Atlantic ocean while enjoying the vibrant flavors of Fuego y Mar, the hotel’s posh new restaurant that overlooks the scene. Or, if you prefer, sit comfortably in your very own signature powder blue Ritz-Carlton beach chair or sun bed while enjoying the best of South Beach.
4. The Chic Signature Spa: A true urban oasis in the heart of South Beach, the Spa centers around a holistic approach to wellness that celebrates mindfulness and offers a range of therapies and journeys carefully designed by The Ritz-Carlton team. In addition, the signature spa is home to the only «Timeless Capsule» in the United States, an elliptical space designed to condense spa treatments. Try the “express” head and food massage in the Zero Gravity Chair that positions the body to induce a sense of weightlessness by elevating the feet to the same level as the heart, leaving you stress-free and energized.
5. The Mesmerizing Beachfront Guestrooms: Each of the 376 rejuvenated guestrooms and suites of The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach reflect designer Cristian Rubio’s vision, which is the result of his extensive research into Miami and the many facets of the city that make it so special. Furnishings are meticulously-designed, and the custom millwork blend together to create a space celebrating the city and its culture. Accommodations are highly crafted and culturally contextual – the color palette seeks to reflect the blue sparkling waters, orange blossoms, brown hues of Cafecito, and cigars, and the rich golds of flowing rum. In your guest room, you will find comfort, style, luxury touches and first-class features.
A vision of the past, present and future of Miami in detail-oriented spaces are what awaits you at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach 2.0, a carefully designed new hotel that will certainly impress. The Ritz-Carlton hotels have made sure to take every step necessary to protect their guests and staff, so whether it’s a staycation for Miami locals, or to begin planning ahead for future travel, make sure that The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach makes your list!