LuxeGetaways Magazine – Spring 2017 | When it comes to luxury travel options, Crystal Cruises is continuing to impress with their dynamic offerings to travelers of all budgets and desires…
Flying High with Crystal AirCruises
Crystal Cruises has added something new to their impressive portfolio of offerings for guests seeking the exceptional. Crystal AirCruises and their varied 2017-2018 itineraries were created to showcase the best of private air journeys. Their private Boeing 777-200LR whisks discerning travelers to destinations all over the world where they will experience five-star properties and luxury safari lodges.
From start to finish, Crystal’s impeccable standards of service ensures that a guest’s every wish will be attended to by Crystal’s own expert Skye Butlers, destination specialists and concierges. The custom-built aircraft is appointed with features rarely found in even the most luxurious private jets: state-of-the-art entertainment system, Crystal Exclusive Class seats that provide ergonomic comfort converting to 180-degree lie-flat beds, and a chic social area that includes a stand-up bar, lounge seating and separate elegant dining area with a Crystal AirCruise executive chef and their premium wine list – wow!
LuxeGetaways is very excited about several of these unique offerings coming next year, including:
June 1, 2018: Savoring the Winelands
(Round-Trip San Francisco, 16 days) – Visits San Francisco; Santiago, Chile; Mendoza, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Tuscany, Italy; Bordeaux and Champagne/Paris, France.
September 8, 2018: Exotic Adventures
(Round-Trip New York City, 22 days) – Visits New York City; Lima, Peru; Easter Island, Polynesia; Cairns, Australia; Siem Reap, Cambodia; Lhasa, China; Agra, India; Cape Town, South Africa; and Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Penthouse Living Onboard Crystal Serenity
Sophisticated design shines in the Crystal Serenity’s Penthouse Suites. Interiors of these butler-serviced, 1,345 square-feet (125 square-meters) Crystal Penthouses were completely reconfigured with a refined elegance. Designed to maximize the views throughout the entire suite, the rooms and seating arrangements are open, flowing from room to room with ease. Custom handmade Italian mosaic tiles, Swarovski crystal lighting, specially designed fabrics and plush carpeting complement the neutral color palette, while the artwork in each suite provides its own personality. The Crystal Penthouses are outfitted with the latest in uncomplicated and intuitive technology, such as the custom light settings and audio throughout – perfection!
A Romantic Getaway with Crystal Mozart
Crystal River Cruises is without a doubt one of the world’s most luxurious river cruise lines, which offers unmatched romantic cruising onboard their newest vessel, the Crystal Mozart. Accommodating 154 guests, she travels to the most storied destinations in Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary along the enchanting Danube River. The vessel is designed for maximum guest comfort with large and stylish guest suites, elegant lounges, indoor pool, and a serene dining room serving Crystal’s signature world-class cuisine. As the most technologically advanced vessel on Europe’s rivers, simply use the Apple® iPad in your suite to access port info, make spa appointments, secure dining reservations, flip through LuxeGetaways Magazine, schedule shore excursions, and to easily contact your butler or concierge – spacious luxury!
Tips For First-time Luxury Cruisers
LuxeGetaways asked several travel writers for their best tips when it comes to making the most of your cruise…
- Packing: Take less than you think you will need. Stick to a few solid colors and mix and match pieces. Scarves/wraps can dress up anything.
- Excursions: Research shore excursions and sign up online immediately if available. Make note of any special hiking shoes, rain jacket, etc. that you will need. Do not feel limited to the offered excursions – sometimes if the town is walk-able you can strike out on your own. Be sure to be back well before departure, as they will not wait for you!
- Avoid Delays: Arrive a day or two before your ship’s departure whenever possible. Jet lag, airline delays, lost luggage and other circumstances on the day of your departure can ruin a trip.
- Travel Agencies: Luxury cruises are a travel investment. Sometimes it is best to work with a travel agent so that they can recommend the best cruise line for you. In case any arrangements go wrong, they are your advocates. Look for a very low ratio of ship personnel to passengers for extra pampering.
- What is included? Ask your travel agent, or research what is included in your fare. Wines and other alcoholic beverages, tips, a premium restaurant visit, flights, pre-cruise hotel, and some shore excursions could all be wrapped into your fare.