Vast even by African standards, Namibia is an ageless land of colorful deserts, huge mountains, and magnificent, rare animals. CW Safaris has created a special once in a lifetime Namibia safari experience for those who are eager to be involved in wildlife conservation in Africa. The 9-day journey in Namibia gives guests the opportunity to actively participate in the preservation of Africa’s natural beauty and wildlife on a unique safari that focuses on the conservation of its most iconic species: the black rhino, cheetah, leopard, desert-adapted elephant, and Angolan giraffe.
You’ll savor days out in the wilderness tracking cheetah and black rhino on foot, in the company of knowledgeable guides and trackers who can tell you each individual animal’s history. Meet with noted conservationists and gain an insider’s perspective on the opportunities and challenges they face. Most exciting of all: be a part of a field team that will collar and examine giraffe in the wild, working under the expert guidance of Dr. Julian Fennessy, one of the world’s leading experts on the species.
For over 35 years, Country Walkers has provided active, experiential, and stunning travel experiences on five continents. Based in Waterbury, Vermont, their unique adventures and insider access bring the beating heart of a destination to life with well-crafted itineraries for Guided Adventures, Self-Guided Walking Adventures, Safaris, and Private vacations. All trips highlight superb cuisine, fine, authentic accommodations, and immersive cultural and natural experiences.
CW Safaris is a subsidiary of Country Walkers, an award-winning international travel company with over 35 years of experience organizing active adventures for individuals, families, and private groups. Country Walkers operates tours in more than three dozen countries on six continents.
- Length: 9 days, 8 nights
- Dates: July 8-16, 2016
- Price From: $5,798* (based on double occupancy; a tax-deductible Giraffe Conservation Fee of $2,500 is required in addition to your safari price)
- Join the field team of Dr. Julian Fennessy, one of the world’s leading giraffe experts, on an expedition to collar and examine this majestic animal in the wild.
- Track the exceedingly rare black rhino on foot, and learn all about efforts to conserve it during a visit to the headquarters of the Save the Rhino Trust.
- Spend a morning tracking cheetah on foot through tall grass, led by expert guides with an encyclopedic knowledge of their habits who are equipped with transponders that monitor the animals’ radio collars.
- Observe desert-adapted elephant in the wild and study how they live.
- Enjoy stops along the way to learn about the environment in which they live and how AfriCat works with local farmers to keep livestock safe.
- Stay in a mobile bush camp deep in pristine wilderness, a landmark lodge beautifully situated on the rim of a sweeping river valley, an elegant urban hotel near the center of Windhoek, and a camp of gracious private chalets with views of the Okonjima wildlife sanctuary.